Today is my little westie's 5th birthday. Can't believe it she still seems like a puppy. Instead of buying her a toy because he has loads of them I wanted to bake her a doggie cake :-)
I looked online for a recipe and they were all pretty much the same, here it is.
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/3 cup honey
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Pre heat oven to 175c and grease baking tin of your choice.
2. Mix egg, honey,peanut butter and oil in a bowl.
3. Sift the flour, baking soda and add the carrot.
4. Spoon mixture in baking tin.
5. Cook for 40 minutes.
6. Let cake cool for 10 minutes and decorate with peanut butter (optional)
I baked my cake in a bread tin and divided it into 2 as its my mums dogs birthday on Thursday. I edged the cake in peanut butter and shaped them like a dog bone .